Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Love Television

I'm not ashamed, I'm a TV junkie.  I blame my parents (sorry Mom & Dad) because I had a TV in my room when I was 4 years old and I've never been without one.  I watched all the shows when I was younger (ALF, Full House, Small Wonder, I was in love with TGIF & Snick) and I've pretty much always had a TV schedule during the week.  It was harder to do when I was in college and grad school, but I did my best.  I discovered DVR about 4 years ago when we moved into our first apartment in Pittsburgh and I'm pretty much addicted (I only wish you could record more than two shows at a time!)

I haven't always loved my year off here in Columbus...I like to be busy and have a job and be really purposeful and living here has pretty much be the opposite of that.  However, my TV addiction was only increased by having all the time in the world to watch new shows!  In fact, I love Fall, not only for football, the (northeast) weather and sweaters, but because it's TV show premiere time!  This week has been fantastic because all of my favorite shows have started again!  Last week I prepared the DVR so I wouldn't miss anything and I found that I have 16 shows in my DVR...SIXTEEN!!!! And yes, I watch all of these, not one of them are just for Mr. L (he doesn't exactly have time to watch TV).  Would you like to know what shows I'm watching?  I thought you would :)

How I Met Your Mother - Super funny and only a half hour.  Mr. L loves this one too so we watch it together.
CSI, CSI: Miami, & CSI:NY - Oh yes, I watch all of them. (I also love to watch the reruns on Spike & A&E)
Criminal Minds - I'm a huge fan of this series and I try to get people hooked on it all the time.
The Vampire Diaries - I thought this would be terrible at first, but I love the story!
Project Runway - I don't know a thing about fashion, but I'm so impressed by people who can turn a piece of fabric into an entire outfit.
The Gilmore Girls - I didn't keep up with this when it was on TV for real, so now I DVR all the episodes (two a day on ABC Familiy) so I can see all of them...I just need to see Seasons 2 & 3 and I'll have seen them all.
Pretty Little Liars - I watch ABC Family so much that I got sucked in when this premiered.  Now I have to know what's going on.
So You Think You Can Dance - I love dance.  I love people who are amazing dancers.  Thus, this show is the best. Just waiting for the new season to start.
True Blood - I read all the books and loved them, so I got HBO specifically to watch this show. 
Glee - This is the BEST show.  I love music and theater and I would join Glee if I could.
Teen Mom - I can't help it...it's my guilty pleasure.  I need to keep up with this girls, it's terrible.
Supernatural - This is by far my favorite television show.  Mr. L and I have seen every episode and are impatiently waiting for the season premiere tomorrow night.

Not only do I watch these shows, but there are several others I watch every time they are on TV: Las Vegas (I watch the reruns on TNT), Bones (also on TNT), and That 70s Show (I've seen every episode like 10 times, but they are always just as funny) and Will & Grace (same as that 70s show).  I also love Modern Family and the Big Bang Theory but they are on at the same time as shows above, so we'll probably catch up during the summer.  I'm also a huge fan of the History Channel, HGTV (House Hunters is awesome) and Oprah.

Despite all of these, there are still shows I wish that I watched, ones that I've never seen but heard are amazing: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Weeds, & 30 Rock.  Maybe these will happen through Netflix.

So now that I've made it clear that television is my hobby, I'd love to know what you guys think (not really about my "hobby", I'm sure most people think this much TV is a waste of time) about the shows!  Does anyone watch these as well?  I'd love to know how you feel about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment