Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Confessional Friday...

Okay, I confess that I am a TERRIBLE blogger. Though I will use the excuse that my absence has actually been for a very good reason (see the end of the post). Since I've missed so many Confessional Fridays, I'll confess a few things that I planned on confessing for the past two months:

-I confess that on November 15th, I sat in my local movie theater for 13.5 hours to watch the Twilight Marathon. My friend Sarah joined me on this crazy adventure. We watched all four previously released movies and then at 10pm, we got to see Breaking Dawn Part 2. It was fabulous. Most people thought we were crazy, but I had the best day and was so glad we did it.

-I confess that over the past two months, I've eaten pizza with a fork and a knife at least 3 times. For those of you who don't know, this is pretty much against much religion (unless you're talking Chicago Deep Dish, then it's a must). But thin crust, regular pizza? You eat that shit folded, with your hands. The fork and the knife were necessary, but I was upset about it.

-I confess I watch way too much TV. I mean, crazy amounts. My DVR is always at least 50% full, I can never keep up from week to week and I feel the need to give every new show a try. Sometimes, I even start a show in reruns (like on TNT) and then feel the need to see the whole thing (thank you Netflix) despite not being caught up on the shows that are actually airing now. Such issues.

-I confess that we hired someone to clean our home and she came for the first time this week. I always said I would never do it, that my mom was/is perfectly capable of cleaning her home every week even with two messy kids and I could absolutely clean a home with just two people and a dog in it. My neighbors have had someone come for a while and their homes were always clean and ready for company, whereas mine was always dusty, the counters were covered in crumbs and I literally had dog-hair tumbleweeds rolling down the hallway. Anyway, she came this week, was here for 8.5 hours (yes, I'm serious) and when I came home from work, I almost cried. My house has never ever ever been this clean. It is absolutely the best money we've ever spent.

-I confess that this Superbowl is going to be super un-fun. Even if the Steelers aren't in the Superbowl, I usually have strong feelings towards one of the teams to win (this sometimes has to do with an underdog story, or where they're from, etc...not due to how well they play), but this year, it's the Ravens (who are the Steelers #1 rival and a team I just CANNOT like) and the 49ers (whom I normally don't have issues with at all, but if they win, they will have 6 Superbowl wins, the same as the Steelers, which is the most). I think I'll just watch the Puppy Bowl instead :)

I confess this:


Little L at 12 weeks!

So, here is why I've been slacking! We found out we were expecting right before Thanksgiving. Lots of things have been happening since then, some great, some scary, but we finally told our extended families and friends this week. I'm hoping to keep up with blogging now so I can chronicle the next 5ish months of the pregnancy and hopefully beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment