Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

SHOW US YOUR LIFE - Guest Rooms


It's time for Guest Room pictures!  Despite living in Mississippi, we actually have had guests!  Granted, those guests happened to be my parents and brother once and Mr. L's parents twice, but they stayed here and used the guest bed!  This room is small and I really didn't take any time to try to make it super pretty, but I'll let you look at it for yourself!

View from the hallway.  The armoire came with the set, but it's empty now.
  
View of pretty much the entire room from the doorway. 

The Guest Bed! 
The bed, side tables and armoire are from IKEA.  This set was our very first purchase as a couple when we lived together in Pittsburgh.  It's not made of much, but it held up pretty well until we bought our current set.  My favorite part of the bed happens to be the throw pillows.  When we move and get the chance to be more creative with our walls/colors, I want to base the theme off those pillows (from Pier 1!)

View across the room. 
The closet holds my wedding dress, wedding bouquet, graduation cap/gown, and our exercise ball (which hasn't seen any use since Florida).  It's a catch-all place for things we like to keep out of the way.  The bookshelf was mine in grad school and holds my Real Simple magazines and stuffed animals that I'm not sure what to do with :)


This was my grandfather's.  He loved light houses and when he passed away, I took these two (the other is on the other night stand) to remind me of him.
Our "name" sign.  I've done a good job of keeping our name out of the blog, but I love this sign and wanted to show it off.  We went to Seaworld one month before we got married and had one of the vendors make this sign to showcase what would soon be both of our last names.  I LOVE it, but had a hard time finding a good place for it.  I think it works in this room!
Thanks for looking around!!!!

Oh yeah...HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!  We didn't "celebrate" exactly.  Last night was our trick-or-treat, but Mr. L and I got tickets to the Mississippi State/Kentucky game, so we went to the game instead (which was awesome!).  This is year number 2 that we've missed handing out candy to the kiddies...we'll give it a shot next year :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment