Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Another year passed...

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear MEEEEEE, Happy Birthday to me!

It's my birthday, the big 2-8.  Every year as this day gets closer, I get excited.  My birthdays were always a big deal growing up, my parents always threw me a party, made sure I was surrounded by family and friends and, due to it's proximity to Halloween, I always felt like it was a holiday!  Maybe that's a little arrogant, but I really LOVED my birthday and loved celebrating it.  Also, until I was in high school, I never knew anyone else who was born on October 27th, so I really felt like the day was mine.

My parents threw me a great party when I turned 16.  They rented the municipal center, got a DJ and had music note lollipops made for favors (I was big into music).  My entire family plus about 30 friends came and it was awesome.  My 18th birthday was a Friday and I had to be in school, but that was the day my high school celebrated Halloween.  Everyone dressed up, most classes were just filled with costume contests and candy, and I ended the night with a home football game, followed by a night at Red Robin.  Exactly what every senior in high school wants!

My 21st birthday was pretty typical.  I went to a bar, I don't remember much else and I was a little sick for the following days.  But it was great :)

That's when I decided I wanted to stop.  I didn't need to get any older...I'd already crossed all the milestones and wasn't really looking forward to much else.  Luckily that wasn't possible because my 23rd birthday was my first date with my now husband...I'm pretty glad I turned 23.

25 came and went.  26 passed too...I turned 27 a month after I got married. 

This past year has been one of the most intense of my whole life.  I moved to Mississippi, was unemployed for the first time since I was 16, it was my first year of marriage, and my husband was in pilot training.  27 has been eye opening and a little hard, but worth it :)

As my age climbs towards 30, I'm freaking out.  What happened?  Where did all my years go?  I don't regret anything and I'm certainly not wishing to be 16 again, but I just can't wrap my head around getting older.  I want everyone to stay this way.  I want my parents to be the age they are, my brother to stay 18.  I want my family to be around forever.  I want to be in my 20s and be just this way.  I realize this is all crazy and can't happen and life goes on, but does anyone else feel this way? 

So now I'm 28, one more year closer to being 30 and I think I'd like to just stay here.  365 days to see if maybe it'll happen this time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment