Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

SHOW US YOUR LIFE - Dining Room & Kitchen


I am so sad that I'm so late on these entries!  I was so excited about Kelly's Korner show us where you live series, but I just haven't been able to keep up!  So, even though I couldn't link up to her entries, I decided to post mine anyway!  I've combined the Dining Room & Kitchen posts, since in our house, they are pretty much the same room!  Onto the L's Dining Room!

This is the first view of the dining room when you come in from the living room.  We bought this set recently and with the leaf, it can seat up to 8 (though we only have 6 chairs!)

Here's the view from the kitchen.  We love the half wall because our house feels like one big room, even though we have really distinct spaces.


An upclose of the buffet.  We were initially looking for a tall hutch, but due to our budget we went with this low buffet.  It has great storage and I love that it can hold all my miscellaneous stuff!


The sign above the buffet.  Pretty much how we feel about our weekends (we feel this way about our weekdays too, we just don't have the time to enjoy them that way!)

One of my favorite pieces in our house.  For obvious reasons, Mr. L and I are really patriotic and we love anything we can add to our home that emphasizes that.  The national anthem is played on base every weekday at 5:00pm and I have to say that I still sometimes get choked up when I hear it, so when we saw this plate, we knew we had to have it in our house.


My table centerpiece.  The flowers are from Kirklands and the blue bottle is one of my favorite things in the house.  When Mr. L and I got married, his brother and sister-in-law visited and got a bottle of wine for the four us to share and talk about our marriage over.  They took the bottle with them when they left and the next time we saw them, they presented us with this flattened bottle...it's the bottle of wine!  My sister-in-law explained that someone had done that for them when they got married and they use theirs to serve cheese on.  For now, the bottle sits here on our table and I get to see it every day, which I really love.


And here is the view from the dining room into the kitchen (see, just one big room)...


View of the kitchen from the living room.  We have tons of storage and a really nice layout.  It's easy for both of us to move around in the kitchen together, even with a dog under our feet!

Here's the sink and our window that looks out onto our screened in porch.  The stuff on our counters is a mix of Bed, Bath & Beyond and Hobby Lobby.


This is the BEST part of the kitchen.  We use this island EVERY day, whether we're preparing our food or using it to hold bags from the grocery store or shopping, to setting out food buffet style when we have people over.  All the cabinets and drawers are full, thank goodness for all the storage!


Here's the view from the kitchen to our living room.  We love the open floor plan.


Our "nook".  This is our catch-all spot.  Our laptop, the mail, our change, family pictures, keys, our phone, and our calendar take up this space and sometimes it's so full you can't find the computer or see the actual desktop.  It's been nice to have this space, but I will admit sometimes I wish it wasn't there so the clutter couldn't hang out there!


Just wanted to share these.  We got these plates as wedding gifts from my wonderful friend Nancy.  They were so beautiful that we wanted to share them, so they found homes on the top of cabinets where everyone can see them!


The way out! On the left, the two doors are closets (a large one for a pantry, a small one for a broom closet, but I use both as pantries!)  Beyond that on the left is the door to the garage.  The door straight ahead is our half bath and the door on the right is the laundry room/Lily's room.

Thanks for looking around!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment