Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Welcome Home Hubby :)

HE'S HOME!

It has been a very long 3 months without my husband. This is his second deployment this year, but this one was MUCH harder than the first. We can't put our finger on why, but it just was.

I spent my day IMPATIENTLY waiting for him to land in Baltimore off the military rotator flight and then make the 1.5 drive to the base. I met him there with a big hug and a sigh of relief that he was safely home and where he belonged. My sweet friend Tisha snapped this picture for us right after we were reunited (and it feels soooo good!!). Words cannot express how happy I am to have him home.

We came home and (learning from the experience last time) decided to let Lily see him outside. She pees a lot when Mr L comes home from being away for an extended period of time...this time was no different!

"I've been dreaming of pizza for 3 months" was the first thing he said when we got home, so I ordered from our favorite place while he looked around the new basement and bathroom. He was pretty impressed that I got it done! I also changed a bunch of stuff in the living room  and got hardware (that we purchased in June!) installed in our kitchen.

By 8:10pm, he was passed out on the couch. I made him go upstairs and get into bed. I sat up for a while next to him, reading and playing on my iPad...I don't think I've ever been so happy to watch him sleep.

And yes, I had about 7 inches of hair chopped off this morning. I just had to do it. It feels great.

Sleep tight friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment