Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bathroom Project Update

Here's where we're at right now...

The company that was contracted to do the work on our bathroom came back out (5 separate times) to fix the drywall, patch around the shower, patch all the holes and tape and mud everything. They even sanded it all down (which is terribly messy and a pain) before wrapping up their job. I probably won't go through Lowe's ever again, but I will call this company directly if I need more work done in my home.

Our blank slate
My mom and I before tackling the rest of the project. Excuse my disaster of a basement please.

More blank slate
Finally painting!
I happen to enjoy painting and was so glad this color came out the perfect shade of gray.

Holding the luan down while it dries. Very excited to tile.


Lining up the tiles. These are vinyl sticky tiles and you place them the same as regular tiles, just without grout. They rock.

You've got to weigh those down too when your basement floor isn't exactly even.
The tiles are laid out and stuck!
Once grouted, you can't even tell they aren't real tile!
So, the room is painted, the floor is down. And Sunday came very quickly so it was time for my parents to go home. Hopefully they will make it back one more time before Mr. L gets home and I'll have a finished bathroom to show him!

No comments:

Post a Comment