Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

SHOW US YOUR LIFE - Book Lists


This week it's time for our book list. If you know me, then you know this entry could go on for days. I've been voraciously reading since I was young and besides spending time with my family, it's my most favorite thing to do in the whole world. I read quite a few books a month and I'm open to reading ANYTHING, though my favorites are mysteries, supernatural/fantasy, and comedies.

I own a Nook and I love it. However, I still like to read actual books. I use the base library to satisfy that need, by taking out books that are from authors that I like and want to read all their stories (James Patterson, Mary Higgins Clark, Jodi Picoult, & Nicholas Sparks) and also random stories that are suggested to me by
friends or I see online (please read 'Dog On It' by Spencer Quinn and the rest of his stories)!!!

 



 


 









  • The Great Gatsby has been my favorite books since I was in 10th grade. I can't explain it, it just is.
  • I just finished To Kill A Mockingbird for the very first time. I'm sad I waited so long to read it, it was amazing.
  • The Twilight Saga is proabably one of the best series/books I've ever read. Go ahead and judge me, but I'm totally serious. And if you've only seen the movies, you have no idea what the story is really like. You MUST read the books.
  • The Passage was one of the most confusing, interesting and aggravating stories I've ever read. I had no idea it was the first in a trilogy when I read it and totally didn't get the ending...now I have to wait up to 3 more years to actually understand the story. I can't wait!
  • I'm currently reading Under the Dome. It's a 1000 page book and I'm only on 100, but I'm already completely sucked in. I can't wait to finish it.
  • At first I was wary to get into another YA series, but I'm so glad I did. These books are gritty, adventurous, and well written. I was hooked the minute I started. A definitely must read as well.
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is a phenomenal book, just amazing. The two follow-ups aren't as great, but as a whole, it was a super series and I'd definitely recommend it.
These are just a small portion of my favorites. I love so many books. I have a list of 40 books right now that I'd like to read, I just need to learn to read faster. I would love to know how you feel about these books and if you have any other suggestions of things to read.

Thanks friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment